Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Unread First Post

Everyone knows that no one reads the first post. I suppose it doesn't matter much what I put here, then, but the post must be made.
Oh! Yesterday I learned some cool stuff about the differences in gender when it comes to communicating. Girls typically try to talk about outside things or emotions to make connections and ensure a place in the social ladder, whereas guys tend to talk about the facts and what the have to done to secure their social status. It's rapport versus report; girls go for the emotional rapport and guys go for the facts report. It isn't as though either gender is better at communicating, we just do it differently (insert your mom joke here).
If you're the type of person who reads webcomics, I suggest xkcd and Questionable Content. They're my favorites, so far. Actually, even if you don't read webcomics, you should check them out anyways, they're pretty funny.
In slightly tragic news, I lost one of the batteries for my Gameboy Color. I've found out that my school doesn't take kindly to cell phones, much less handheld video game devices, so I will have to wait until home to find a new battery.
Let's hope I don't let this blog die like so many others!

No comments:

Post a Comment