Saturday, December 5, 2009

Band Nerds For the Win!

I went to District Honor Band today. I play the French horn (you know we're the best), and I was third chair. It was pretty amazing, and for our last song we played Over the Rainbow and the choir sang with us. The whole thing was incredible.
Unfortunately, I had to get up at 4:15, and I didn't get home from a basketball game until midnight. You might wonder why I would stay at a basketball game so late if I had to get up early, but against all odds, I'm actually in basketball. Sleep-deprivation causes strange things. Not to mention that I never fell asleep, and was just in a semi-conscious state for about four hours.
I just realized that I didn't have too much to say really. But if you have a chance to play an instrument, try it out. I do believe that music, whether you play it or just listen to really good music, makes you a better person. Or, if it doesn't make you a better person, at least it gives you something worthwhile to talk about.
Check out today's comic at xkcd.com; I'm sure everyone has thought about that. Volvo really should have thought through their name a little more thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment