Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blink of an Eye

So much has happened since New Year's that I am not even going to try to summarize. There were lots of band-related developments, of course, and I even ended up having a trumpet solo in jazz band. I don't even play the trumpet! At least not well, by my standards. But I managed to not only NOT fail fantastically at said solo, but I did pretty well I think.
Well, in honor of this being February, I have a little poem. It goes like this:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I have a crush
But not on you!
I'm not a big fan of mushy poetry. I mean, I think it is really cute, but I can never write it. I start out really sweet and romantic but I end up writing something derogatory or otherwise insulting. It can be really funny, but it makes for poor Valentine poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment