Thursday, May 6, 2010

They Make Designer Eyepatches

Ok, so I actually have more to write, and poetry if you care to read it. I've been looking at eyepatches because the surgery my brother had was on his eye and he will be needing to wear one. So I was texting one of my friends just recently about this girl who was texting her boyfriend and flirting with him. I told her that wasn't cool, and her reply? "I mean I stole him from her a year and a half ago. Fair and square like. :)" I love my friends. Anywho, poetry.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I have a crush,
but not on you.

And the next one...

I'm in love, and I won't tell who.
I'm in love, but it's sure not with you!

Like I said, I'm not good with romantic poetry. This next one is kind of serious, though.

He says he's got his own cigarettes
excited as Barbie with a new corvette
All I wanna say
is you're smoking your life away
I want to look in his gorgeous eyes
Already touched with pain, hurt, and lies
And ask why you're smoking your life away?
I could just stop and stare
But I don't wanna look through smokey air
He says he's got his own weed
His mouth smiles but I see his eyes plead
All I wanna say
is you're smoking your life away
Does it help you cope, help your brain fry?
Or does it just make it easier to lay down and die?
I have to ask, why are you smoking your life away?
Your eyes are glossed with a dopey sheen
As you look back through your smokescreen.

It sort of ends abruptly, so maybe it's not done. Anywho, smoking doesn't really bother me, I was just worried when I wrote it. I tend to worry frequently.
Among these designer eyepatches are not only rainbow patches, but also dinosaur patches. I think I may need to get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment